The Home Builders Association (HBA) of Metro Denver’s Sales and Marketing Council (SMC), held the 2017 MAME (Marketing and Merchandising Excellence) Awards on November 4th at the Seawell Ballroom of the Denver Center for the Performing Arts. At the awards gala, Ellis Communications Marketing, with the Home Builders Association of Metro Denver and Milesbrand, was honored to receive a Special Award for Best Special Promotion for the 2017 HBA Denver Parade of Homes.
The 2017 Parade of Homes was a success due to a multi-faceted marketing communications campaign, which engaged and incited participation from consumers and members of the HBA alike. With the creative campaign of #MyParadeInspiration, we were able to coordinate with builder, associate and developer entrants to tell the stories behind the Parade of Homes. We ran glossy ads in two luxury magazines; 13 print ads in The Denver Post which coordinated with social postings tagging the participating HBA members for more reach and title sponsor, American Furniture Warehouse (AFW); hosted a #MyParadeInspiration social media contest with weekly winners announced through Facebook Live AFW and Parade channels; and engaged local media and influencers.
- 128,892 impressions via the Parade’s Facebook, Instagram and Twitter channels, which resulted in 3,331 engagements and 703 link clicks
- Social media referrals to the Parade website were up 83%
- 162 pieces of media and influencer coverage garnered nearly 61 million audience impressions, with the Parade message reaching each adult in Metro Denver 14 times
- Media and influencer coverage had 635,000 social media shares
- Media referral to the Parade website was up 327%, accounting for 13% of all site traffic
The MAME Awards recognize the best of community planning, architecture, interior design, advertising, promotions, and the home building industry’s finest professionals.To view the full MAME 2017 Winners List click here.